Thursday, November 11, 2010

Faith Story

Last night as I was getting ready to leave Awana with Brenna and her friend Issie, one of the elders of our church approached me about sharing my faith story during Sunday morning worship sometime in December. My first reaction was NO, NO and NO, I however didn't' say this, but was totally thinking it. I was also think who really wants to hear MY faith story??? Although I have lived a life full bumps in the road, had a pretty rough childhood etc, I don't think there is anything special about my story, many others have gone through the same things or even more and through God have turned their lives around. I still feel like a work in progress, which I guess we all kind of are until we are reunited in Heaven with Jesus, but I am just not sure about sharing MY story. So in the hope that maybe my story will touch someone's life I agreed to do it. I also had to let this elder know that their would probably be a lot of tears. I am emotional when I speak about my faith, as well as when I get nervous and anxious (which I will totally be, I may have to take one of my anti anxiety pills before I get up there). But sharing MY story is what I will do, now to find the right words and a way to summarize all that I have gone through and all that God has done for me in this life. Please pray for me!

No comments: