Friday, September 25, 2009

Jake is MOBILE and Brenna Still Thinks He Needs Her Help!

Jake has become officially mobile, although he doesn't technically crawl, he can army crawl and scoot like a champ. The other day I went to take a shower,Brenna and Jake usually will watch cartoons or play in the living room until I am done, as I was getting out Brenna came in and asked me where Jake was. I immediately went to the living room to look for him, thinking that Brenna was being silly, and I had to search for a minute before finding him behind the recliner, almost to the dining room. Today he made it from the living room all the way to the patio doors and then to the edge of the kitchen, this requires a some doing, he has to get clear around a sectional couch and a recliner in order to get to where he was. I am sooooooo stinking proud of this little boy, but now I have to keep an eye out for him. It was so much easier when you could set him down and he would stay where you put him, but I am so happy when he hits a new milestone.
On another note, Brenna now thinks that Jake needs help moving from place to place, even though it is quite obvious that he can do it on his own. I know this sounds terrible, but if you saw it you would bust out laughing. Brenna will grab Jake by his arms, usually while he is laying down and then she will try to pick him up, when I ask her to stop she looks at me, tries again and then says "Mama he's too heavy", it is the funniest thing. I love how Brenna wants to help her little brother, but sometimes it scares me that she might actually hurt him. Her other favorite thing to do is to make Jake laugh. She will dance for him and sing, but the funniest thing is when she puts her face on his stomach and shakes her head, it is the most hilarious thing I think I have seen in a long time and Jake laughs soooo hard at her. I pray that they are close and have this much fun with each other as they grow up.

No comments: