Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter. We started the day off by Mommy sleeping in until 10 til 8, which meant I was running around like a idiot trying to get ready for 10:30 church service. To make my morning a little more hectic, when my husband got back from doing morning chores he asked if we wanted to go to church and have breakfast and I of course said yes. I love the times at church that isn't church, the fellowship and just getting to catch up with people in my church family that I don't always find time to talk to. So we kicked the gear up a notch to get out of the house, I had to finish getting myself ready, get a 2 year old in her Easter dress and fix her hair, luckily a hair bow does wonders and nurse a 10 week old and get him dressed, hoping he doesn't spit up or poop on his outfit before we get out the door. All this happened at our house sometime between 7:50 AM and 9:15 AM can you believe it. After a wonderful breakfast with our church family we headed to the sanctuary for the Easter service, I got to take in the worship songs, but as soon as those were through Jacob needed to eat again so we headed for the nursery. I was really hoping to hear our Pastor's message, but in the nursery with 5 or 6 toddlers and babies it is a little bit hard to hear. After church we went to Kearney, our nearest "city" for some dinner with Morgan's parents and his aunt and uncle at the Alley Rose. We had a great time and then headed home for some naps. I think everyone got a nap except me, which is pretty normal at our house. We finished our Easter with dinner at my Mom's with my sister and her family. We had such a great day that I forgot to take any pictures of my children in their Easter outfits. I am now kicking myself because it was Jacob's first Easter. Oh well, the true reason for Easter is not the fancy clothes, it is that Christ died for our sins and rose again on the third day. So I am just truly thankful for this gift that God has given me, a chance for eternal life. Amen!!!

No comments: