Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finding More Time

After the birth of Jacob I found that I really needed to find more time for myself, whenever possible. Even though with two little kids finding time for myself isn't easy I do a few small things for myself each day. Every morning before Jacob and Brenna get up I make sure that I get to take a shower, I know for every mother out there they understand the importance and sometimes rarity of taking a shower. I also make sure that I fix my hair in some fashion so that if the unexpected happens, I can leave the house in a hurry knowing that I don't look too bad. I find that my short shower each morning gives me a little time to regroup, think about the day ahead and count my blessings (which at this point in my life I feel are sometimes too numerous to count). I have also started finding more time to clean my house, which isn't exactly time to myself, but it feels so good to accomplish something everyday (mostly so my husband has nothing to complain about when he gets home). I have come to the conclusion that napping is no longer an option at my house, my two kids never sleep at the same time, so I am using this time, when at least one child is asleep to catch up on things that need to be done, as well as blogging. Each day gets easier with a new baby and finally one day it all falls into place, I am still waiting for that day, but I know its not too far off. I thank my God everyday for how He has blessed me. And if you are reading this I am sure you have blessed my life in some way.

No comments: